Applications for 2017-18 postdoctoral trainees (anticipated start date July 1, 2017) are currently being accepted. Application deadline is Friday, May 19, 2017.
The application process is ongoing. Please contact the NUPEDHA office at email@example.com for details on the submission timelines and anticipated trainee position openings. Note that anticipated trainee position openings can be calculated from the appointment dates for current trainees. Predoctoral trainees may be reappointed annually for up to three one-year terms. Post-doctoral trainees may be reappointed annually for up to two one-year terms.
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials:
- NUPEDHA Applicant Data Form (download attached)
- NIH NRSA Fellowship style Biosketch
- Letter of support from NUPEDHA Mentor (Candidates should contact a NUPEDHA mentor to discuss their projects before applying)
- NIH style Specific Aims for proposed research area/project (1 page max)
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who know applicant in a professional and/or academic setting. (A letter of support from your current mentor is encouraged)
- Statement of Career Goals (1 page max) Applicant should discuss: a) Background and current position, b) professional interests, and c) future career plans
- Predoctoral Applicants should include Northwestern University graduate school academic record including courses and GPA (copies are fine; originals sent from registrar are not necessary)
- Non-U.S. citizens must submit a copy of currently valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551) or other legal verification of such status with their application.
- OPTIONAL: Additional relevant documents applicant would like to include (e.g. publications, additional letters of recommendation, etc.)
- All application materials should be submitted via email in Word and/or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NUPEDHA application” in the subject line (all boldface still)
Submission & Questions
Applications and inquiries regarding application should be directed to:
NUPEDHA Program Coordinator